Monday 11 March 2013

Why should I believe in GOD?


I may be wrong in what i am saying here... please do tell me if i am. Because i am still ready to learn more and change my view if i think there is a need to do so...
Just don't get furious...
It has been a really long debate. Some say that GOD exist, while some say he does not. I got confused. Should I believe in GOD or not?
My parents do, so I also believed in GOD as a child. I grew up praying to GOD. But now, I don't do that. Why? because I no longer believe in him... 

It is quite obvious that if one believes in GOD, one follows the religion in which he is born into and worships GODs associated with that religion. Also, there are some who believe that there is just one GOD, and every religion have named him differently. Been born into a Hindu family, i believed in 'Hindu' GODs. There are many of them too. One day, i happen to listen a story about lord Indra (The god of monsoon or weather, i dont remember). If I remember correctly (you see, I may be wrong), he was furious with some people in a certain village because they stopped praying to him. So, to punish them, he made it to rain endlessly so as too flood the village with water (the story continues and another GOD saved the people).

What got me to believe that this can't be true is that if I know correctly, a God never hurts anybody who has not committed a sin, and in the story, Lord Indra hurts all the people of the village just because they did't pray to him. That is not a trait of a good person. One should not make other's to pray to him.

Then there was another thing i noticed. Some people (very few) hate it when somebody praises some other GOD over the GOD the person believes in. They just hate all the other religions and GODs. Why are not people happy in just following their own religion and let the world be as it is. They should respect each other's religion, not condemn it. The good thing is though, this understanding is increases between the people. The bad news is, it is also decreasing. Majority of militants are made on the basis of religion. Terrorism is spreading on the basis of religion. 
All these never effected my choice to not to believe in GOD though. When i did believed in GOD, I found him responsible for everything. I know this is not what you should feel. But since i thought that GOD controls everything, everything which happened was because of him. I never bothered to think of my mistake. But now that i don't believe in any superior power, I can only blame myself for my problems and find a solution rather than visiting a temple to pray. That really has helped me a lot. I do better in academics now for example (this may be just a co-incidence though). 
What i want to say is... Not believing in GOD works for me and i will continue to not to believe in him. Different things work for different people. If believing in GOD works for you.. fine, believe in him. I don't have any problem. And you should also not have any problem for i don't believe in GOD. I don't know why people get angry at this. I have friends who believe in GOD. They don't have any problem with me and i don't have any problem with them. We just follow what we believe in and don't try to force each other to accept our views. Remember: Religion is made for humans, humans are not made for religion (copied it from a movie, but its true). if religion does not work with you, leave it. If it do, leave those people alone for whom is does not.

3 comments:

  1. hmm, but what's wrong in having faith in him ? as u said it doesn't work with you in believing him then what are you expecting from him ?
    you must have known his existence but its human temperament how one takes a thing.
    but overall could you tell me bro in a more brief way what's d main reason in not believing in him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ill tell u dis way bro.. I dont want to...
      i hope that is sufficient for you..
      if you believe in God, i am happy for you, but i won't believe in him...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete