Thursday 7 March 2013

Dark matter: Key to parallel universe???

First thing first, I don't really know much about dark matter. I just think of what i know and develop on it. I am not a scientist, I am just a student so my concepts may be wrong. I invite you to correct me. One more thing, I would like to tell you that this is my imagination based on what I have heard about dark matter. Universe is something on which anyone can think (Read my post "Universe.. what is it?"). It may sound like friction, but you can never tell...

Most of us, in our everyday lives have at least once used the phrase, "May be, in parallel universe". I often wondered that can there be actually something like parallel universe? If yes, where is it and how much different is it from our universe? 
I first thought that if there are more than one universe , all of them having some ending boundary touching each other just like small beads in a bag, then, any universe other than other will qualify for a parallel universe. And this may be true. But then, why do we have to think of a universe like a bead in a bag? That stuff is boring. Why not something more amazing to hear? 

One day, i was watching discovery channel or nation geographic channel (i don't remember which), and there was a show on dark matter. The scientist explained that dark matter does not interact with any matter we can interact with. Millions of particles of dark matter or even none may be are passing through your head as you are reading this. The scientist also said that there may be just two or three particles in millions that interact with the matter wee see around us and that if we are able to detect these interaction, we may find dark matter. 

That fact that dark matter and the matter we see do not interact with each other made me think of a new idea for a parallel universe. See, if there is no interaction at all, the two can never collide. They will just pass right through each other!! Just like we say ghosts can go through walls. (Who knows, the ghosts may be made of those particles of dark matter which do interact with the matter occasionally.. ;-) ) 
So, in a given space, in a given dimension, the matter we see and dark matter can be there simultaneously. It's not easy to think for some, but it may be true. And if it is true, the very space where our own universe stands, there can be a 'parallel' universe made up of dark matter.

Now, after that i had thought of this, some more thoughts came to my mind. Here, we are considering a two particle system. The matter we see and dark matter. But what if there are more? suppose, there are four such different types of particles. Name then A, B,C and D, such that no two different types of particles interact with each other. Only the like one's do (eg. A only interacts with A). Now suppose, we are made up of particle A. So, we will only see and feel particle A. In this case, particles B,C and D will become dark matter for us (since we cant distinguish between them). So, this way, four universe can exist simultaneously in a given space!!! And that is what i will call 'parallel' universe!!!  

Friends, feel free to give your opinion on this. And do tell me where I went wrong... :) :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment